WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Saturday 3 October 2015

WCM Day & A Winner

Yoo-hoo!  Tis me, somewhat less spotty now, and certainly able to move around more - which is a good job really as I am due back to work on Monday after three and a half weeks off.  I wish I could say I felt refreshed, but sadly not!

Anyhoo, a couple of things, firstly it is apparently World Card Making Day, so a very happy WCMD to all my crafty friends.  I could not let another day go by without a play so here it is.



This little lass is Banner Heidi from CC Designs
Painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) with Polychromos Pencils for hair
Papers are all from Dovecraft, an older Back to Basics collection
Sentiment is from MFT Blue Skies set
Frame die is MFT Cover Up Companion Vertical
and the banner die is La La Land Heart Banner

I had great fun choosing which papers to insert into the frame, it was a lot of mixing and matching so that means I have leftovers for a variation on the theme!

Purple Friends Winner

And the second thing is to tell you about the WINNER of the PURPLE FRIENDS challenge that was running here on my blog during September.  Although there wasn't an overwhelming number of entries, the standard of those who did enter was amazing, and it has been a difficult job for the scamps to narrow it down to a choice of one.  

Anyway, we did, and the winner is SUE @ Tanglemouse Cards


Could you email me please Sue so we can sort your prize


So, that's it from me today.  I shall be back on Monday when we start a new challenge over at Without Words!

Hugs to all
Squirrel xx



16 comments:

Ruth said...

This is so cute! I love the greens and the purples. Xx

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,just gorgeous.xxx

Sue said...

Dear Squirrel, I am overwhelmed and over the moon! Goodness knows how you picked a winner from all those delicious entries. Thank you so much. Happy WCD...!
Your card is gorgeous btw! I love the banner and the sentiment and as always your colouring is beautiful.
Sue...xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Super cute card and congrats to Sue and thanks for a fun challenge x

Michelle said...

A really beautiful card Squirrel and congratulations to Sue on her win - Michelle x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Squirrel, love the image and design.
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better now.
Lorraine x

Whisper said...

Aaah so sweet and what a lovely sentiment too, Luv Sam x

Lisa xx said...

What an adorable card, the image is just so sweet

Jackie said...

So pleased to hear that you are recovering nicely...hugs.
Yet another delightful image and card Squirrel, and very pretty colours :o)
Jackie xx

Debs said...

Good morning Squirrel - still playing catch up with all my lovely crafty friends since the wedding last week and having my little visitor to stay whilst Mum & Dad are on Honeymoon.
You have some gorgeous makes since my last visit and this is no exception.
Adorable image coloured to perfection as always and fabulous LO.
Looks like a miserable day weather wise so that's a good reason to stay inside and catch up and then a little playtime in my little crafty haven - I have missed it so much lol!!!
Have a fabulous day.
Debs xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely filled with sunshine with this perfect card, love everything about it.

Alison59 said...

A beautiful card Squirrel :-)
Well done Sue x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such a sweet and girly card. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Poorly is no way to be. Congrats to the purple winner!

Kat W said...

I didn't manage to properly celebrate WCMD...I had a little play but didn't make a whole card!

Your card is utterly delicious, such pretty colours and I love way the bunting die cut echoes the bunting in the image...clever Squirrel!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Annette said...

She's adorable sweetie. Perfect hair as always and love the colours you've used. The pink is gorgeous. Great sentiment too, and right back at ya!
xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congratulations to the winner! It's an adorable card -I love the purple and the cute little mice! So glad you are feeling better - that's a long time to be sick. I hope you liked my card for the purple friendship challenge - I don't know if you had a chance to see it - I felt sad that no one from your team came to visit or leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...