WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Monday 19 May 2014

Hello Petal

I don't know where I picked up the habit, but a long time ago I started to call people "petal" or "flower".  It's frowned on a bit here in Suffolk, to use terms like that, but I have never shaken it off, and probably never will now.
 
So when I saw one of the new fairy stamps was called Petal, well, she had to come home with me.


So this is LOTV Petal stamp
Painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers)
Papers are all freebies from Making Cards magazine
Sentiment is Personal Impressions
 
It is set to be another scorcher here today, and my office faces the sun, so I shall be a tad wilted later.
 
But not as wilted as the poor devils who are trying to get to London by rail today on the Greater Anglia line.  Apparently the "meticulously planned" engineering works have overrun and they are this morning advising people not to travel "unless it's essential".  Toad is out there somewhere, trying to get to work, and knowing him, he will try every option, no matter how ridiculous, before he surrenders and has to come home. 


20 comments:

tilly said...

what a pretty new stamp, she is lovely.......our sun has gone and we have rain
Tilly

McCrafty's Cards said...

So gorgeous Squirrel, i like the image the papers and the sentiment.
Kevin xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable and beautiful too.
luv
Debby

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Squirrel. Love the image and your gorgeous colouring.
Hugs
Caz x

Anonymous said...

This card is a surprise too!
Hugsss, Gaby

Dorte said...

Oh she is a cutie, Squirrel, I do understand why you have to have her,
hugs Dorte

KraftyKoolKat said...

She is definitely a gorgeous little petal.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Squirrel, she is such a sweet and your colouring is perfect.
I hope you didn't wilt too much at work today!
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

She is gorgeous "Flower" and looks fab teamed with that pretty paper. Hope you stayed hydrated behind the glass!! xx

Annette said...

I walked to work in sunshine, and came home (without a coat as it was sunny this morning) in the rain. :0(

Plus my Lilis have STILL not arrived. Double :0(

Your little Petal has brightened my day. However, my boss sometimes calls me petal or flower too (and I admit don't like it when he does as I find it a bit patronising, especially when he does it in front of other partners, but I guess he's known me since I joined the firm aged 18!)

I love your pretty floral papers and that you've painted her too. Your DI painting is always so softly coloured.

Hugs
Annette
xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous CAS card - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

Aww, she looks fabulous, love the colours and pretty papers.
Lorraine x

Joey said...

Awwww what a cutie! beautiful make hun. Joey x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Simply GORGEOUS, love this

Gibmiss said...

Hi Squirrel
Fabulous card.....so cute....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Jackie said...

And very pretty she is too, a wonderful CAS card :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous squirrel.beautiful pretty image and colouring ;D

xx coops xx

crafty said...

This is delightful

Kat W said...

Oh, she really is gorgeous and one of the 2 new fairy stamps that I ordered!
The soft colours are lovely for her and the sentiment you have chosen is such a sweet one :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Soft and sweet! Such an aptly named fairy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...