WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Wednesday 16 January 2013

Karaoke Gnome

A while back, I made a get-well card for a friend using one of the Wee Gnomes from Whiff of Joy.  They are quirky and fun so I kept my fingers crossed she would like it - she loved it thankfully, and has just asked me to make a birthday card for a friend of hers using a different gnome.



Yeah, I know it is a really silly card, but I kinda like it!  I've used papers from my scraps box and I stamped the "I Serenade You" gnome onto the yellow paper to get the music notes placement.  I then stamped, painted and fussy cut the gnome on Bristol Board.  Sentiment is from a Hobby Arts set.

Distress Ink (ReInkers) colours used are:
Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Dusty Concord
Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Black Soot

TIP OF THE DAY:  For those suffering from freezing temperatures (it was -10C this morning) and who have to use public transport (buses only put the heat on in the summer), take a hot water bottle.  My legs were lovely toasty warm this morning.  AND it had a second use of the hot water defrosting the office car park padlock!).
 
Hugs, Squirrel xx

20 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh loving your cheerful card, making me feel so warm with this bloomin cold weather, hope the postie was warm when he delivered your little parcel, and that you have gotten warm inking them all up, so sorry you felt you needed to avoid my posts, but it was going to happen anyway lol xx hope the bank manager will forgive you, loved your comment take care sweetie
Hugs Kate xx

Dorte said...

Lovely CAS card, squirrel.
I just love your Tip Of The Day, LOL.
hugs Dorte

Doreen said...

Fabulous card....gorgeous image and fab colours.xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Oh this is very cute. I don't have any of these little guys in my collection. I feel this needs rectifying!

Lorraine said...

Love your fun card! Great image and colours.
I just have an image in my mind....a little squirrel sat on a bus with a hot water bottle! I should have taken one on the walk to school this morning....still defrosting!
Lorraine x

Mary J said...

He he, he's so much fun, Squirrel! Love it!

Sue said...

I love that fun image and your colouring is wonderful.
Love the hot water bottle tip!
Hugs Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful fun card Squirrel, I like the image and the colours.
Kevin xx

Sonia said...

What a cute gnome,me too I have made a card with a cute gnome^_^
I love it^_^
Big hug my dearest Squirrel,
Sonia

Jane said...

Great card Squirrel
Hugs
Jane

Kat said...

Great card Squirrel. That's a really fun image. Love it.

Kat xx

Jackie said...

Not a silly card at all, it's a fabulous fun card and I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Claire said...

What a fab and fun card. Hugs, Claire x

Kathleen said...

Morning sweetie, thank you for your lovely comment this morning, it means a lot xx
Gorgeous cute card by the way! I love these WOJ gnomes they are mega cute
Hugs
Kat xx

coops said...

so gorgeous hun.i love the happy image and fab bright papers ;D

xx coops xx

downrightcrafty said...

so pleased your not shying away from the daily posts now and I am assuming that you are playing and I cannot wait to see :)
Kate xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is absolutely Gorgeous, warm hugs love Pops x x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Nice and quirky, just like you! love the card, I can see why she asked you to make another.

Love the hot water tip, lucky I only work 2 days, 'cause this morning is particulaly bad here in Wales. I would need that hot water bottle. LOL

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely friendly looking card sweetie. Love the two tips of the day.

Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Christiana said...

Aw, darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...