WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Sunday 22 July 2012

Vintage Romance

I made this card for the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge of a Touch of Romance this week but the challenge hasn't posted on the site yet - I found the theme from the blogs of Fairy Elise and Fairy Jayne.


I must have splashed out at some point and bought these beautiful V&A Collection linen papers.  They are truly gorgeous and the photo doesn't do justice to the colours or texture.

The image is LOTV Meant To Be and I stamped in a new Memento colour called Grey Flannel.  It has given a much softer, more vintage look to the image.


Painted in Distress Inks (ReInkers).  The sentiment is also LOTV and I've used, although it is hard to see in the picture, my favourite Martha Stewart border punch.

Why is it every time I descale a kettle we have to buy a new one?  Last time I did it we ended up with water everywhere, this time the switch has gone.  Perhaps it should be renamed as Kettle Kill.

Right, time for the final stage of this year's Tour de France where, all being well, Bradley will cross the line safely to be a British winner!

And then, it'll be BBC highlights of the German Grand Prix.  Come on Jenson!

Hugs Sxx



25 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh its beautiful - and you are right the papers are gorgeous.
Cheering Bradley on!
Lisa x

Sue said...

gorgeous card, such a charming image and those papers are indeed lovely!
Hope you have a good afternoon

Sue

Christy Beans said...

Love! Those LOTV sentiments are definitely going on my wishlist. I held off and now I see them everywhere and want them! LOL Beautiful ppapers and I love that you chose a softer ink for the stamp. Beautiful! =) Mwah! Christy

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous ,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Carol Willis said...

Love this Squirrel. Gorgeous papers, fab layout and a beautifully coloured image.
Hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card squirrel, great colours, fab papers and image choice!

Just got back on weekend away and now trying to visit blogs....

Jo xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and those backing papers are so pretty.
Lorraine x

thecraftycavalier said...

This just beautiful hun! The colouring is just fabulous and I love this new grey colour - may have to splash out and get me some! When the beast is older I may turn up on your doorstep and demand colouring lessons! She's decided she's a squirrel by the way and is pretending to have a mouth full of nuts - I have NO words. How did I end up with a crazy kid? Hugs and a super Tour de Whoop from me, Jayne xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card I adore this sweet image well done Hugs Elaine
Ps didn't the super boy Wiggin do well !!!!

Chrissy said...

I have these papers and saving them for something special!!...what, I do not know..lol..gorgeous card Squirrel, love the image and soft colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Squirrel, sorry haven't been commenting, but, as I get your blog email, I haven't missed one of your fabulous creations.

Naomi Johnson said...

lovely card and lush papers. so beautiful. I love the vintage feel x

Uma said...

splendiforous, that stamp is very cute

Whisper said...

Oooo fabby card hun and i too made a card specifically for this weeks Lili Fairies blog challenge, what a shame we can't upload them !!

I'm so glad Jenson came 2nd in the end !!, Luv Sam x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Squirrel, what a sweet pair. Love it stamped in grey and those papers are yummy.

Kat xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, the image is really sweet I like the papers and the punch work.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Squirrel, the image is really sweet I like the papers and the punch work.
Kevin xx

coops said...

so stunning hun,i love the vintage papers and really sweet image and colours :D

xx coops xx

kay said...

this is such a pretty card,x

thecraftycavalier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thecraftycavalier said...

I'm being good now! Thanks for your support hun - I can always rely on you! Big hugs, Jayne the incompetent Fairy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The papers are gorgeous and fit this image to a T! Not the usual squirrel look, but I like it!

Victoria said...

No wonder Mr Tim was so complimentary about your colouring... it's just so stunning! These papers are rather delicious!

Gibmiss said...

Hi squirrel
Fabulous sweet image... So cute ...,,
Hugs sylvie xxx

Annette said...

This is gorgeous, I love the floral papers and the sweet image is just perfect. Lovely colouring too.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Lili’s Little Fairies.
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...