WELCOME!


Welcome to Squirrel's slightly nutty world of rubber stamping, papercraft, cats, Formula 1 and a variety of other off-the-wall topics. It's fabulous to see you and I hope you enjoy your time here. Please do pop back and visit me again soon!


Thursday 12 April 2018

AYLI (DT) Favourite Colouring Medium

Not quite sure where the last fortnight has gone but it is time for another challenge from the AS YOU LIKE IT team and this time the theme is "Your Favouring Colouring Medium".

So, I bet you think I am going to straight in there and boldly say Distress Inks (ReInkers)!

You would be partly right, but I have been venturing deeper and deeper into the world of
mixed media, and I have to say, I am surprising myself by how much I am
loving it.



A very simple CAS card, but this shows off the colours very well.

Supergirl is painted with Distress Inks (ReInkers) but
her hair is done with Polychromos Pencils
and the splatter background was done with Copics and ProMarkers with

I had so much fun splatting the background that I completely forgot I had intended to
stamp and mask the image before getting inky, so in the end I stamped and
fussy cut her.

Our sponsor for this challenge is a perennial favourite


Hugs to all


5 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant love that fab background great colours Love and hugs Carole x

Elaine Stark said...

A super card, love the background. Elaine

Annette said...

All that splattering is making me feel like I need to lie down in a darkened room! It's created a fabulous background for her too, and she's the perfect image to match it. It looks really 'POW', 'BAZAAM' etc like in a comic!! Love it. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER result with the background to this fabby image. Love your card.
Faith
x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Squirrel..love that wonderful background and your super hero girl is gorgeous..awesome hair colouring.


Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...